Benefits to Dog Training in Portland
As a new dog owner, there are a lot of things you have to think about to make sure that your dog is comfortable and happy in your pet friendly apartment in Portland. One of the vital parts of your new relationship with your pooch is obedience training. Training is essential to raising and bonding with your dog, which is just as important as buying pet supplies.
There has been much debate about professional dog training versus training your dog on your own. We have found some benefits to professional dog training in Portland from Yahoo, so check these out advantages before deciding to take on the challenge on your own.
- Professional dog trainers are able to take your dog’s breed, temperament, personality, and history combined with the dog owner’s family dynamics into combination to form an action plan to nip bad behavior or potential problems quickly.
- While getting a new dog and playing with the dog is fun, learning about new methods, animal psychology, breed traits, dominate behaviors, normal behaviors, etc. is time consuming. Tack on the problem of massive quantities of information available on dog training in print and over the Internet, yet it is hard to decipher whether the source really knows what they are talking about or not.
- The majority of dogs that go through basic training or classes have much better behavior, less behavioral problems, and less irritating quirks like crotch sniffing, scratching, howling, etc. that dogs that don’t.
- Many times they are able to provide opportunities, sometimes through classes, dog socialization events, or even with the use of their own well trained pups. This type of training is very important, if all dogs received it, it would reduce many problems including animals being sent to shelters as adults when they don’t get along with a new spouse, child, baby, or pet.
- Well trained dogs give their owners and families a sense of security and trust. It is wonderful to be able to go to work all day and absolutely know that Fido or Fife will not be laying on the couch when you return home, nor will there be a trace of fur up there, nor will any shoes or walls be chewed.
What do you think? Do you think you will opt for professional dog training in Portland? Tell us your thoughts and tips on dog training by leaving a comment in the section below.
Photo Credit: Tobyotter